Dear Parents/Guardians and Community Members:
In recent days we have experienced an increase in reported COVID (+) cases. Today the District was notified that a member of the John B. Sliney School community has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number of COVID (+) cases to 24 since school reopened. The affected person was last in school on November 17, 2020. This person has been instructed to remain on home isolation for 10 days.
Anyone who would be considered a “close contact” of this person has already been contacted by school officials and/or public health officials and provided with instructions on the appropriate steps to take.
We ask that parents/guardians, students, and staff continue to follow CDC guidance for healthy practices, to monitor their health, and to stay home and contact their medical provider should they experience any of the symptoms below.
- Fever (100.4° Fahrenheit or higher)
- Chills or shaking chills
- Uncontrolled new cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- For additional information on COVID-19 symptoms, please see the CDC website at the address below: https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...
With the approaching holiday it is imperative we all adhere to the State of Connecticut travel restrictions. Our school district will continue to monitor the evolving crisis and appreciates your partnership in making choices that help to keep our staff, students, and community safe.
Hamlet M. Hernandez
Superintendent of Schools